Main Article Content
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright: The Pacific Rim International Journal of Nursing Research, Thailand Nursing & Midwifery Council has exclusive rights to publish, reproduce and distribute the manuscript and all contents therein.
2. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Summary for policymakers. In: Global warming of 1.5°C. An IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty. 2018. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www.ipcc.ch/sr15/%3c/edb
3. Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services. Summary for policymakers: the global assessment report on biodiversity and ecosystem services. 2019. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://ipbes.net/sites/default/files/2020-02/ipbes_global_assessment_report_summary_for_policymakers_en.pdf
4. Watts N, et al. The 2020 report of the Lancet Countdown on health and climate change: responding to converging crises. Lancet. 2021; 397: 129-70. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736 (20)32290-X
5. Rocque RJ, et al. Health effects of climate change: an overview of systematic reviews. BMJ Open. 2021; 11, e046333. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2020-046333
6. Haines A, Ebi K. (2019) The imperative for climate action to protect health. New Eng J Med. 2019; 380: 263-73.
7. United Nations Environment Programme and International Livestock Research Institute. Preventing the next pandemic: zoonotic diseases and how to break the chain of transmission.
2020. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https:// 72d37324-5089-459c-8f70-271d19427cf2.filesusr. com/ugd/056cf4_b5b2fc067f094dd3b22 50cda15c47acd.pdf
8. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Summary for policymakers. In: Climate change and land: an IPCC special report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems. 2019. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www.ipcc.ch/srccl/
9. Lenton TM, Rockström J, Gaffney O, et al. Climate tipping points—too risky to bet against. Nature. 2019; 575: 592-5. https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-019-03595-0
10. Wunderling N, Donges JF, Kurths J, Winkelmann, R. et al. Interacting tipping elements increase risk of climate domino effects under global warming. Earth Sys Dynamics. 2020; 12, 601–619. https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-12-601-2021
11. High Ambition Coalition. Launch of the High Ambition Coalition. Video. Year n.s. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www.hacfornatureandpeople.org
12. Global Climate and Health Alliance. Are national climate commitments enough to protect our health? 2021. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://climateandhealth alliance.org/initiatives/healthy-ndcs/ndc-scorecards/
13. Carbon Brief. Climate strikers: Open letter to EU leaders on why their new climate law is ‘surrender.’ 2020. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www.carbonbrief.org/
14. Fajardy M, Köberle A, MacDowell N, Fantuzzi A. BECCS deployment: a reality check. Grantham Institute Briefing Paper 28. 2019. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available at: https://
15. Anderson K, Peters G. (2016) The trouble with negative emissions. Science; 352: 182-3. doi: 10.1126/science.aah4567
16. Climate Action Tracker. Year n.s. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://climateactiontracker.org (accessed 10 August 2021)
17. Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity. Global Biodiversity Outlook 5. 2020. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www.cbd.int/gbo5 (accessed 10 August 2021).
18. Steffen W, Richardson K, Rockström J, et al. Sustainability. Planetary boundaries: guiding human development on a changing planet. Science. 2015; 347: 1259855. doi:10.1126/science.1259855
19. UK Health Alliance. (2021) Join our call for climate action. Available from: https://action.ukhealthalliance. org/page/76199/petition/1 (accessed 11 August 2021)
20. Climate Action Tracker. Warming projections global update: May 2021. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://climate actiontracker.org/documents/853/CAT_2021-05-04_ Briefing_Global-Update_Climate-Summit-Momentum.pdf
21. United Nations Environment Programme. Emissions gap report. UNEP. 2020. [cited 2021 Aug 10]. Available from: https://www.unep.org/emissions-gap-report-2020
22. Markandya A, Sampedro J, Smith SJ, et al. Health co-benefits from air pollution and mitigation costs of the Paris Agreement: a modelling study. Lancet Planet Health. 2018; 2: e126- 33. doi:10.1016/S2542-5196(18)30029-9
23. Paremoer L, Nandi S, Serag H, Baum F. Covid-19 pandemic and the social determinants of health. BMJ. 2021; 372: n129. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n129