Main Article Content
Diffuse idiopathicpulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia (DIPNECH) is a generalized proliferation of scattering single cells, small nodules (neuroendocrine bodies) or linear proliferations of neuroendocrine cells of lung. They may be confined to the bronchial and bronchiolar epithelium, include local extraluminal proliferation (tumorlets), or progress to the develop- ment of carcinoid tumor. Sometimes DIPNECH is accompanied by intra- and extraluminal fibrosis of the involved airways.1,2 It is rare and presents typically in the fifth or sixth decades and is more common in woman.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Aguaya SM, Miller YE, Waldron JA Jr., et al. Idiopathic Diffuse Hyperplasia of Pulmonary Neuroendocrine cells and Airways disease. N Engl J Med 1992;327:1285-1288
3. Carter D, Patchefsky AS. Tumors and Tumor-like Lesions of the Lung. Philadelphia PA: WB.Saunders1998.
4. Colby TV, Koss MN, Travis WD. Tumors of the Lower Respiratory Tract. Atlas of tumor Pathology 1995;(13): 290-294
5. Churg A, Warnock ML . Pulmonary tumorlet-A Form of Peripheral Carcinoid. Cancer 1976;37:1469-1477
6. Arioglu E, Doppman J, Gomes M., et al.Cushing Sym- drome Caused by Corticotropin Secretion by Pulmonary Tumorlet. N Engl J Med 1998;339(13):883-886
7. Cameron CM, Roberts F, Connell J, et al. Diffuse Idiopathic Pulmonary Neuroendocrine cell Hyperplasia: an unusual cause of cyclical ectopic adrenocorticotro- phic symdrome. Br. J Radiology 2011;(84):14-17
8. Warth A, Hepel E, Schnähl A, et al. Diffuse idiopathic pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia (DIPNECH) in association with an adenocarcinoma: a case report. J Med Case Reports 2008,2:21
9. Masuk H, Satoh H, Miyazaki K, et al. Pulmonary sequestration with elevated serum level of Progastrin – releasing Peptide, Intern Med 2008;47(3):157-160
10. Lachanas E, Spartalis ED, Pavlopoulos D, et al. Tumor- lets and carcinoiod secondary to congenital broncho- Oesophageal fistula. Pneumon 2008;21(3):250-253
11. Vansteenkiste JF, Stroobant SS. Lung Cancer. PET and PET/CT in Oncology editor P. OEHR, H.-J.B IERSACK, RE Colerman. 2003;(15):148-150
12. Ginsberg MS, Akin O, Berger DM, et al. Pulmonary tumorlets: CT Findings, AJR 2004;183:293-296
13. Bennett GL, Chew FS. Pulmonary Carcinoid Tumor- lets. AJR 1994;162:568