Main Article Content
OBJECTIVE. To study the effectiveness of Endobronchial Ultrasonography (EBUS) with Guide Sheath (GS) in detecting peripheral lung lesions.
MATERIALS AND METHODS. Between January and March 2011, 8 patients gave their informed consent to EBUS with GS being performed.
RESULTS. In 7 patients (87.5%) EBUS detected the PPLs.
CONCLUSION. EBUS is a useful and accurate tool for diagnosis of PPL.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Baaklini WA, Reinoso MA, Gorin AB, et al. Diagnostic yield of fiberoptic bronchoscopy in evaluating solitary pulmonary nodules. Chest 2000;117:1049-54.
3. Stringfield JT, Markowitz DJ, Bentz RR, et al. The effect of tumor size and location on diagnosis by fiberoptic bronchoscopy. Chest 1977;72:474-6.
4. Gasparini S, Ferretti M, Secchi EB, et al. Integration of transbronchial and pericutaneous approach in the diagnosis of peripheral pulmonary nodules or masses: experience with 1,027 consecutive cases. Chest 1995; 108:131-7.
5. Naidich DP, Sussman R, Kutcher WL, et al. Solitary pulmonary nodules: CT bronchoscopic correlation. Chest 1988;93:595-8.
6. Tsukada H, Satou T, Iwashima A, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of CT-guided automated needle biopsy of lung nodules. Am J Roentgenol 2000;175:239-43.
7. Sawabata N, Ohta M, Maeda H. Fine-needle aspiration cytologic technique for lung cancer has a high potential of malignant cell spread through the tract. Chest 2000; 118:936-9.
8. Seyfer AE, Walsh DS, Graeber GM, et al. Chest wall implantation of lung cancer after thin-needle aspiration biopsy. Ann ThoracSurg 1989;48:284-6.
9. Kurimoto N, MurayamaM, Yoshioka S, et al. Analysis of the internal structure of peripheral pulmo-nary lesions using endobronchial ultrasonography. Chest 2002;122: 1887-94.