Main Article Content
Gastric cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death in the world, although its incidence is declining over the last decades. Several factors of modern medicine have improved the management of gastric cancer. There has often been a poor prognosis because once symptoms occur, gastric cancer is often advanced. However, the multidisciplinary approach of gastric cancer therapy and adjuvant therapy are a promising management treatment.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Slamon DJ, Godolphin W, Jones LA, et al. Studies of the HER-2/neu proto-oncogene in human breast and ovarian cancer. Science 1989;244:707-12.
3. Nelson NJ. Can HER2 Status Predict Response to Cancer Therapy?. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000;92:366-7.
4. Menard S, Casalini P, Campiglio M, et al. HER2 overexpression in various tumor types, focussing on its relationship to the development of invasive breast cancer. Ann Oncol 2001;12 (Suppl 1):15-9.
5. Scholl S, Beuzeboc P, Pouillart P. Targeting HER2 in other tumor types. Annals of oncology 2001;12:81-7.
6. Tanner M, Hollmen M, Junttila TT, et al. Amplification of HER-2 in gastric carcinoma: association with Topoisomerase IIalpha gene amplification, intestinal type, poor prognosis and sensitivity to trastuzumab. Ann Oncol 2005;16:273-8.
7. Menendez JA, Mehmi I, Lupu R. Trastuzumab in combination with heregulin-activated Her-2 (c-erbB-2) triggers a receptor-enhanced chemosensitivity effect in the absence of Her-2 overexpression. J Clin Oncol 2006;24:3735-46.
8. Bang YJ, Cutsem EV, Feyereislova A, et al. Trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for treatment of HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction cancer (ToGA): a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2010;376:687-97.
9. Negri FV, Bozzetti C, Ardizzoni A, et al. HER-2 discordance between primary gastric carcinoma and paired lymph node metastasis. Hum Pathol 2009; 40:769-77.