Main Article Content
Therapeutic hypothermia is a standard recommended treatment for patients after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. However, clinical benefits of therapeutic hypothermia for patients with in-hospital cardiac arrest have not yet been approved. The present report aims to demonstrate clinical benefit of therapeutic hypothermia in patients with in-hospital cardiac arrest at the Phyathai 2 Hospital.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Peberdy MA, Callaway CW, Neumar RW, et al. Part 9: post-cardiac arrest care: 2010 American Heart Associa tion Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation 2010;122: S768-86.
3. Mild therapeutic hypothermia to improve the neurologic outcome after cardiac arrest. N Engl J Med 2002;346: 549-56.
4. Bernard SA, Gray TW, Buist MD, et al. Treatment of comatose survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with induced hypothermia. N Engl J Med 2002;346:557-63
5. Arrich J, Holzer M, Herkner H, et al. Hypothermia for neuroprotection in adults after cardiopulmonary resus citation. In: Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2009.
6. Bro-Jeppesen J, Kjaergaard J, Horsted TI, et al. The impact of therapeutic hypothermia on neurological function and quality of life after cardiac arrest. Resuscitation 2009;80:171-6.
7. Kim Y-M, Kim J-H, Park K-N. Use of therapeutic hypo thermia after cardiac arrest: A survey of the society of critical care medicine in South Korea. Resuscitation 2009;80:836.
8. Skulec R, Truhlar A, Knor J, et al. Broad implementation of therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest--Mission possible. Resuscitation 2010;81:779-80.
9. Sandroni C, Nolan J, Cavallaro F, et al. In-hospital cardiac arrest: incidence, prognosis and possible measures to improve survival. Intensive Care Medicine 2007;33:237-45.
10. Kory P, Fukunaga M, Mathew JP, et al. Outcomes of mild therapeutic hypothermia after in-hospital cardiac arrest. Neurocrit Care 2012;16:406-12.
11. Alzaga AG, Cerdan M, Varon J. Therapeutic hypothermia. Resuscitation 2006;70:369-80.
12. Kamarainen A, Virkkunen I, Tenhunen J, et al. Induction of therapeutic hypothermia during prehospital CPR using ice-cold intravenous fluid. Resuscitation 2008; 79:205-11.
13. Mahmood MA, Zweifler RM. Progress in shivering control. J Neurol Sci 2007;261:47-54.
14. Mokhtarani M, Mahgoub AN, Morioka N, et al. Bus pirone and meperidine synergistically reduce the shivering threshold. Anesth Analg 2001;93:1233-9.