Main Article Content
Three challenges of supporting health research in a private hospital setting were identified as (i) weak evaluation of research projects, (ii) weak connection between research and implementation and (iii) misunderstanding on the concepts and processes of research. This paper describes briefly experiences of the Bangkok Health Research Center and its strategies to meet these challenges.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Lown B, Banerjee A. The developing world in the New England Journal of Medicine. Global Health 2006;2:3.
3. Editorial. The state of health research worldwide. Lancet 2008;372:1519.
4. Bennett S, Adam T, Zarowsky C, et al. From Mexico to Mali: progress in health policy and systems research. Lancet 2008;372:1571-8.
5. World Bank Group. World DataBank. (Accessed January 10, 2015 at http://databank.worldbank.org/data/views/ reports/tableview.aspx)
6. The Nation. Thailand research Fund under the micro scope. (Accessed January 10, 2015 at http://www.nation- multimedia.com/home/Thailand-research-Fund-under- the-microscope-74629.html)