Main Article Content
The 5th edition of Abeloff’s Clinical Oncology is highly recommended for all physicians including oncologists, general practitioners, fellows, residents, medical students and all specialist nurses who are interested in the fi eld of cancer care. This book covers all aspects from the latest advances to basic clinical knowledge. The highlights of the book include a vivid explanation of the nature of the development of cancer from the molecular to the cellular level, covering pathophysiology, stem cells, vascular, environment, immunology, genetic factors, viruses, fl ow cytometry, pathology, biomarkers, molecular and imaging diagnostics. Latest innovations in the prevention of cancer, screening and early detection are also included. Furthermore, basic radiation therapy cancer pharmacology is explained.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Vilaichone RK, Gumnarai P, Ratanachu-Ek T, et al. Nationwide survey of Helicobacter pylori antibiotic resistance in Thailand. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013;77:346-9.
3. Vilaichone RK, Panarat W, Aekpongpaisit S, et al. Clinical characteristics and survival of Gastric Cancer in Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2014;15:9005-8.
4. Vilaichone RK, Mahachai V, Shiota S, et al. Extremely high prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in Bhutan. World Journal Gastroenterol 2013;19:2806-10.
5. Vilaichone RK, Yamaoka Y, Shiota S, et al. Antibiotics resistance rate of Helicobacter pylori in Bhutan. World J Gastroenterol 2013;19:5508-12.
6. Goh KL, Chan WK, Shiota S, et al. Epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori infection and public health implications. Helicobacter 2011;16:1-9.
7. Azevedo NF, Huntington J, Goodman KJ. The epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori and public health implications. Helicobacter 2009;14:1-7.