Main Article Content
Pineal parenchymal tumor with intermediate differentiation (PPTID) is an uncommonlesion of the brain with a controversial management strategy. The aim of this study wasto analyse the role of chemo-radiotherapy for a PPTID patient at the institution with onecase report treated by multidisciplinary team.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Anan M, Ishii M, Nakamura T, et al. Postoperative adjuvant treatment for pineal parenchymal tumour of intermediate differentiation. J Clin Neurosci 2006;13:965-8.
3. Lutterbach J, Fauchon F, Schild SE, et al. Malignant pineal parenchymal tumors in adult patients: patterns of care and prognostic factors. Neurosurgery 2002;51(1):44-55.
4. Schild SE, Scheithauer BW, Schomberg PJ, et al. Pineal parenchymal tumors. Clinical, pathologic, and therapeutic aspects. Cancer 1993;72(3):870-80
5. Schild SE, Scheithauer BW, Haddock MG, et al. Histologically confirmed pineal tumors and other germ cell tumors of the brain. Cancer 1996;15;78(12):2564-71.
6. Mallick S, Benson R, Rath GK. Patterns of care and survival outcomes in patients with pineal parenchymal tumor of intermediate differentiation: An individual patient data analysis. Radiother Oncol 2016;121(2):204-08.
7. Das P, Mckinstry S, Devadass A, et al. Are we over treating pineal parenchymal tumour with intermediate differentiation? Assessing the role of localised radiation therapy and literature review. Springerplus 2016;5:26.
8. Niyazi M, Brada M, Chalmers AJ, et al. ESTRO-ACROP guideline “target delineation of glioblastomas”. Radiother Oncol 2016;118(1):35-42.
9. Watanabe T, Mizowaki T, Arakawa Y, et al. Pineal parenchymal tumor of intermediate differentiation: Treatment outcomes of five cases. Mol Clin Oncol 2014;2(2):197-202.
10. Yi J, Kim H, Choi Y, et al. Successful treatment by chemotherapy of pineal parenchymal tumor with intermediate differentiation: a case report. Cancer Res Treat 2013;45(3): 244-9.
11. Raleigh DR, Solomon DA, Lloyd SA, et al. Histopathologic review of pineal parenchymal tumors identifies novel morphologic subtypes and prognostic factors for outcome. Neuro Oncol 2017;19(1): 78-88.