Main Article Content
The detection of a solitary lung nodule through radiological technique can determine the patients’ prognosis, it can be easily accessed and is visible for surgeons to perform the operation with ease, safety and fewer complications. The authors wish to present two cases of solitary lung nodule successfully managed through wedge resection with the aid of fiducial marker placement. These cases successfully underwent fiducial marker placement with dye marking through electromagnetic bronchoscopy prior to the surgical procedure to resect the solitary lung nodule to determine nature of diagnosis. Both cases underwent frozen section procedure which revealed 1 case of adenocarcinoma and 1 case of granuloma.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. De Groot PM, Wu CC, Carter B, et al. The epidemiology oflung cancer. Transl Lung Cancer Res 2018;7 (3): 220-33.
3. Mosmann PM, Borba MA, Negromonte de Macedo FP, et al.Solitary pulmonary nodule and 18 F-FDG PET/CT Part 2:accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and current recommendations.Radiol Bras 2016;49(2):104-11.
4. Tangpiroontham P. Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopywith Two Points Dye Marking for Surgical Biopsy inIntersegmental Pulmonary Nodule; A Case Report. BKK MedJ 2018;14(2): 55-58
5. 5 Sharma A, McDermott S, Mathisen DJ, et al. PreoperativeLocalization of Lung Nodules with Fiducial Markers:Feasibility and Technical Considerations. Soc Thorac Surgeon2017; 103:1114-20
6. Baker S, Sharma A, Antonisse I, et al. Endovascular Coils asLung Tumor Fiducial Markers for Real-Time Tumor Trackingin Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy: Comparison of ComplicationRates with Transthoracic Fiducial Marker Placement. J VascInterv Radiol 2019;30(12):1901-7.
7. Markus B, Bernd L, Birgit W. Endoscopic placement offiducial markers for real-time tumor-tracking radiotherapy in50 patients with lung cancer: A feasibility study. EurRespiratory J 2013;42: P2885.
8. Nader D. Artificial Intelligence-Guided Fiducial MarkerPlacement to Enable Tumor Tracking in SBRT. AJRCCM2019;199:A2616.