Main Article Content
this situation report is about the operations of the medical staff working in Bangkok Hospital Rayong under the new outbreak of COVID-19, from 21 December 2020 to 21 January 2021. The objectives of the report are to report the empirical situation relating to hospital capability to manage the situation, which can be reflected from the amount of the screening cases, the diagnostic examination and the treatment of Covid-19 patients. This situation report draws a statistical summary from the data retrieved from 21 December 2020 to 21 January 2021 at Bangkok Hospital Rayong. The results presented in this report should be beneficial for relevant agencies and interested persons. The authors have included in this report the theories and relevant guidelines as categorized below:
1. Introduction, background and importance of the situation
2. Current coronavirus disease situation (as of January 21, 2021)
3. Situation of COVID-19 testing at Bangkok Hospital Rayong
4. Comprehensive symptoms and signs of the COVID-19 observed in the infected patients at Bangkok Hospital Rayong
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. World Health Organization (WHO). Coronavirus disease(COVID-19) (Accessed February 1, 2021, at https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019?gclid
3. Department of Disease Control Thailand. 2020.
4. Department of Disease Control. Coronavirus Disease 2019(COVID-19) Are You at Higher Risk for Severe Illness? 2020.(Accessed February 1, 2021, at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-athigher-risk.html.)
5. Zou L, Ruan F, Huang M, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load in Upper Respiratory Specimens of Infected Patients. New Engl J Med 2020;382(12):1177-9.
6. Andrei M. Iceland’s testing suggests 50% of COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic 2020 (Accessed February 1, 2021, at https://www.zmescience.com/medicine/iceland-testing-covid-19-0523/?fbclid=IwAR2ZYEzCIsILJE6lmr8DYVzTs4pbxO6KlliyX2TZdh8RbAYGj6H-cxByDbs.)
7. Amir Vera., Erdman. SL. Nearly half of Diamond Princess cruise ship passengers and crew who had coronavirus were asymptomatic when tested, CDC report says 2020 (Accessed February 1, 2021, at https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/diamond-princess-cruise-ship-asymptomatic-tests/index.