Main Article Content
Breast lesions, both palpable and non-palpable may represent tumours, which can be benign, malignant, or a specific high risk lesion. Breast imaging is advised in order to detect and define lesions and its extension. It is compulsory to have pathological tissue diagnosis prior to surgical management. Breast ultrasound is our routine study in conjunction with mammography. The most common ultrasound (US) appearances of malignant breast mass are heterogeneous hypoechoic mass with angular or ill-defined margins and changes of posterior acoustic shadowing. This paper shows core needle biopsy (CNB) results of lobular carcinoma (LC) and ductal carcinoma with satellitosis, bilateral guided CNB, with nodal metastasis, mucinous carcinoma (MC) with diffuse intraductal papillomatosis, contralateral metastasis from MC and MC with contralateral IDC. The cases showed different clinical presentations and interesting examples of manifestation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Bhothisuwan W. Breast imaging and intervention. In Kiti Jindavichak ed.: Breast Cancer, Bangkok, Bangkok Vechakarn 2002:5-18.
3. Bhothisuwan W. Breast imaging and intervention. In Adul Ratanawichitrasin ed. Head, Neck & Breast Surgery. Bangkok,SiamSilp Printing 2004;3:41-52.
4. McCombs MM, Bassett LW, DeBruhl N, et al. Imagingguided needle biopsy of the breast. In Bassett LW et al, Ed.Diagnosis of Diseases of the Breast, Philadelphia,WB Saunders Company 1997: 251-62
5. Reynold HE, Jacksor VP: Sonographically guided interventional procedures. In Bassette LW, et al. Diagnosis of Diseases of the Breast, Philadephia, WB Saunder Company 1997:263-74
6. Kim CH, Bassett LW.Imaging – guided core needle biopsy of the breast. In Bassett LW, et al. Ed.
7. Statistics from HRH Breast Centre, and Department of Radiology, Siriraj Hospital Medical School, March 2000, July 2004 and May 2005 Analyses.
8. Evidence Based Benefits and Drawbacks of Breast US in Asian- Women: Wilaiporn Bhothisuwan. Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.In WFUMB 2009, Sydney Australia.
9. ACR-BIRADS-US, First Edition: Tom Stavros. Sutter North Bay Women’s Health Center, Santa Rosa, CA, USA.In
WFUMB 2009, Sydney Australia.
10. Histopathological Based Sonographic Evaluation of Solid Breast Nodules: Tom Stavros. Sally Jobe Breast Center, Englewood, Colorado, USA.In WFUMB 2009, Sydney Australia.