Endovascular Management of Juxtarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: A Case Report
Main Article Content
Fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair (FEVAR) is an option for management ofa very complex abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). We are reporting on the case of a74-year-old male with a 7.8 × 6.8 cm juxtarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm that arises atthe level of the renal arteries and extends down to just above the iliac bifurcation andsevere bilateral renal artery stenosis with caudally oriented left renal and cranially orientedright renal artery. This case shows that a strategy with fenestrated graft is feasible foraortic aneurysm repair and may offer a reasonable option for patients with very complexaortic anatomy. The patient was discharged home in 4 days without complications. Thecomputed tomography angiography at 1 month showed a small type II endoleak at aorticbifurcation level. The patient remained well on follow up 4 months post-surgery.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
2. Chuter TAM. Fenestrated and branched stent-grafts forthoracoabdominal, pararenal and juxtarenal aortic aneurysmrepair. Semin Vasc Surg 2007;20(2):90-6.
3. Ricotta JJ, Tsilimparis N. Surgeon-modified fenestratedbranchedstent grafts to treat emergently ruptured andsymptomatic complex aortic aneurysms in high-risk patients.J Vasc Surg 2012;56(6):1535-42.
4. Stanley BM, Semmens JB, Mai Q, et al. Evaluation of patientselection guidelines for endoluminal AAA repair with theZenith Stent-Graft: the Australasian experience. J EndovascTher 2001;8(5):457-64.
5. Uflacker R, Robison JD, Schonholz C, et al. Clinical experiencewith a customized fenestrated endograft for juxtarenalabdominal aortic aneurysm repair. J Vasc Interv Radiol2006;17:1935-42.
6. Verhoeven ELG, Katsargyris A, Oikonomou K, et al.Fenestrated endovascular aortic aneurysm repair as a first linetreatment option to treat short necked, juxtarenal, andsuprarenal aneurysms. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016(6):775-81.