Main Article Content
The research objectives were to study the health promoting behavior in pregnancy, to compare their
health promoting behavior in each quarter of trimester, and to do Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA) of
them. There were 500 samples of primigravidarum, attending antenatal care at Sirindhorn Hospital who were
selected by multi-stage random sampling. The research tools were demographic questionnaire and health
promoting behavior in pregnancy measures. Data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, one way-ANOVA
and Confirmation Factor Analysis. The research found that; 1) the average level of health promoting behavior
in pregnancy overall was 3.82 2) their health promoting behavior in each quarter of trimester were no
significant difference, and 3) their Confirmatory Factor Analysis showed chi-square=1.977, df=6, p-value=
.922; the value of c2was no statistically different from zero, RMSEA= .000 and RMR= .002, which was
closer to 0, GFI= .999, and CFI= .995, which closed to 1 and c2/ df=329, which less than 2, it meant this
model was consistent with the empirical data.
2. National Health Development Plan No. 11. National Health Development Plan No. 11. 2016. (Copied).
3. Pillitteri A. Maternal and child health nursing:are of the childbearing and Childrearing family. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2010.
4. Pender NJ, Murdaugh CL, Parsons MA. Health promotion in nursing practice. 6th ed. USA: Pearson Prentice Hall; 2011.
5. Cunningham FG, Kenneth MD, Leveno J, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 24th ed. New York: Mc Graw Hill; 2014.
6. Lowdermilk DL, Perry SE, Cashion K, et al. Maternal & women’s health Care. 10th ed. USA. : Elsevier; 2012.
7. Mckinney ES, James SR, Murray SS, et al. Maternal child Nursing. 4th ed. Canada: Elsevier; 2013.
8. Chantamara T. Health promotion behaviors of pregnant women receiving antenatal care in Siriraj Hospital. [thesis]. [Bangkok]: Kasetsart University; 2009. 105 p.
9. Sinthar W, Soontornmesathien S. Health promotion behaviors of pregnant women Saiyok district, Kanchanaburi province. J Nurs Sci. 2006; 24(2): 12-21.
10. Worrasuktayanan W, Food consumption behavior of pregnant women attending antenatal clinic. At the antenatal clinic, Narathiwat Hospital. Academic Journal District. 2012; 19(24):41-47. Thai
11. Hair JF, Black WC, Babin BJ, et al. Multivariate data analysis. 7th ed. New Jursey: Pearson Education, Inc.; 2010.
12. Simcharean S. Relationship between personal factors beliefs about pregnancy, perception promoting health and health promoting behaviors among Thai Muslim women. [thisis]. [Nakhon Pathom]: Mahidol University; 2013.
13. Joreskog KG, Sorbom D. LISREL 8: Structural equation modeling with the SIMPLIS command language. Chicago: Scientific Software International; 1993.
14. Phumesawat S, Suvithayasiri K, Chaisup V. Perceived benefits and health promoting behaviors in pregnant women at antenatal clinic of Rajavithi hospital. Journal of Boromarajonani College of Nursing Bangkok.2013; 29(2): 80-94. Thai
15. Srisawad K. Effects of education provision and relaxation training on stress among pregnant adolescents. [thesis]. [Chaingmai]: Chaingmai University; 2013.110 p.
16. Gokyildiz S, Alan S, Elmas E, et al. Health-promoting lifestyle behaviours in pregnant women in Turkey. Int J Nurs Pract. 2014; 20(4): 390-7. doi: 10.1111/ijn.12187
17. Mahmoodi H, Asghari-Jafarabadi M, Babazadeh T, et al. Health promoting behaviors in pregnant women admitted to the prenatal care unit of Imam Khomeini hospital of Saqqez. JECH. 2015; 1(4):58-65. doi: 10.20286/jech-010458
18. Perry SE, Hockenberry MJ, Lowdermilk DL, et al. Maternal child nursing care. 5th ed. USA.:Elsevier Mosby; 2014.
19. Chen M, Lai LJ, Chen HC, et al. Development and validation of the short-form adolescent health promotion scale. BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: (1106):21-9. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-1106
20. Meihan L, Chung-Ngok W. Validation of the psychometric properties of the health-promoting lifestyle profile in a sample of Taiwanese women. Qual Life Res. 2014; 20(4): 523-8. doi: 10.1007/s11136-010-9790-6