Main Article Content
Large and massive rotator cuff tears often pose challenges when trying to repair the injury, and can sometimes be irreparable. Superior capsular reconstruction was recently introduced as an effective procedure for maintaining the static stability of the shoulder joint in order to prevent the progression to cuff tear arthropathy. We described the technique of superior capsular reconstruction using local long head of biceps tendon as an alternative to tensor fascia lata or dermal allograft.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery 10(4):363-370
2. Doosup Kim et al, Arthroscopic Superior Capsular Reconstruction With Biceps Autograft: Snake Technique
3. Mihata T, McGarry MH, Pirolo JM, Kinoshita M, Lee TQ. Superior capsule reconstruction to restore superior stability in irreparable rotator cuff tears: A biomechanical cadaveric study. Am J Sports Med 2012;40:2248-2255.
4. Yang-Soo Kim et al, Arthroscopic In Situ Superior Capsular Reconstruction Using the Long Head of the Biceps Tendon, Arthroscopy Techniques, Vol 7, No 2
(February), 2018: pp e97-e103
5. Mihata T, Lee TQ, Watanabe C, et al. Clinical results of arthroscopic superior capsule reconstruction for irreparable rotator cuff tears. Arthroscopy 2013;29:459-470.
6. Burkhart SS, Denard PJ, Adams CR, Brady PC, Hartzler RU. Arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction for massive irreparable rotator cuff repair. Arthrosc Tech 2016;5:e1407-e1418.
7. Hirahara AM, Adams CR. Arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction for treatment of massive irreparable rotator cuff tears. Arthrosc Tech 2015;4:e637-e641
8. Petri M, Greenspoon JA, Millett PJ. Arthroscopic superior capsule reconstruction for irreparable rotator cuff tears. Arthrosc Tech 2015;4:e751-e755.
9. Ishihara Y, Mihata T, Tamboli M, et al. Role of the superior shoulder capsule in passive stability of the glenohumeral joint. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2014;23: 642-648.
10. Hirahara AM, Adams CR. Arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction for treatment of massive irreparable rotator cuff tears. Arthrosc Tech 2015;4:e637-e641.