การเปรียบเทียบทัศนคติของนิสิตแพทย์ชั้นคลินิกระหว่าง 3 ศูนย์แพทยศาสตร์ศึกษาของมหาวิทยาลัยนเรศวร ระดับชั้นการศึกษาและประสบการณ์ต่อการเรียนการสอนข้างเตียงผู้ป่วย
Keywords:Bedside teaching, Attitude, Medical students
Aim: To compare attitude on bedside teaching in 3 medical educational center, clinical years and experience on bedside teaching in the faculty of medicine Naresuan University.
Background: Bedside teaching is the learning method with the patients which provides the practical application and benefits to the medical students. Besides medical education, the attitude of a medical student is essential to gain experience and knowledge. In this study, the interested in the attitude on the bedside teaching of the medical students have been addressed to investigation.
Method: Quantitative, the cross-sectional analytic study was selected for evaluation. The electronic questionnaire was created for 213 medical students ( fourth to sixth education’s year ) at Naresuan university ; Uttaradit hospital, Buddhachinaraj hospital, and Naresuan university hospital. The confidence of Cronbach’s Alpha coefficient of 0.949 was taken to evaluation for medical students and teachers.
Results: The results of the 213 participants were reported. The evaluation of the bedside teaching for Naresuan university hospital (27.7%), Uttaradit hospital (30.5%), and Buddha- chinaraj hospital (41.8%) revealed as follows: no significant for the comparative attitude on bedside teaching of 3 medical educational center. But significant when comparative with clinical years for the procedures ( 2.83±0.59, 2.87±0.55and 3.03±0.43 respectively and p=0.024 ) and for the overall impression ( 3.10±0.41, 3.05±0.35and 3.08±0.29 respectively and p=0.014 ). And significant when comparative with experience on bedside teaching for the clinical knowledge ( 3.02±0.21, 3.22±0.41 and 3.07±0.35 respectively and p=0.012 ) and for the overall impression (3.00±0.45, 3.25±0.47 and 3.07±0.32 respectively and p=0.005 ). In part open-ended question, the favorite is to learn from real experience. The most disfavor is pressure from teachers. And suggestion is there should be a comprehensive teaching include history taking, physical examination, diagnosis, treatment, and procedures by pointing out faults and giving suggestions.
Conclusion: The majority of attitude on the bedside teaching of medical students in the faculty of medical Naresuan University are positive which agree with all seven attitudes. However, some opinions were found to suggest improving this bedside teaching. The results of this study indicate the necessary data and the guideline to improve and develop the study program in Faculty of Medicine, which would allow the student to get proper knowledge from the learning method.
2. Ahmed AM. Bedside teaching at the Cinderella status. Saudi Med 2010; 31(7):739-746.
3. Sultana J, Ara I, Talukder KH, Khan HM. Current practice of bedside teaching in undergraduate medical education of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Education 2013; 04(01): 2-7.
4. Azzah A. Residents and teaching physicians' perception about bedside teaching in non-clinical shift in the emergency department of King Abdul-Aziz Medical City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Journal of Health Specialties 2018; 6:1-13.
5. Panwara P. Optimising bedside teaching in obstetrics and gynaecology. Thai Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology 2014; 22(2):61-66.
6. Ajaya KD, Devendra S, Suraj B, Amita P, Balman SK and Sanjaya D. Perceptions of medical students about bedside teaching in a medical school. J Nepal Med 2018; 56(211):640-645.
7. Population Proportion – Sample Size. [internet]. [cited 22 September 2019]. Available from: https://select-statistics.co.uk/calculators/sample-size-calculator-population-proportion/
8. FluidSurveys Team. Calculating the Right Survey Sample Size. [internet]. [cited 22 September 2019]. Available from: http://fluidsurveys.com/university/calculating-right-survey-sample-size/
9. Sample size calculator. [internet]. [cited 22 September 2019]. Available from: https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/sample-size-calculator/
10. Watcharin C. Bedside teaching. J Prapokklao Hosp Clin Med Educat Center 2017; 34(4):335-340
11. บุญชม ศรีสะอาด. การวิจัยเบื้องต้น, พิมครั้งที่ 7 ฉบับปรับปรุง ed. กรุงเทพฯ: สุวีริยาสาส์น; 2545
12. Cek M, Lucky H, Lucky S. The effectiveness of the application of bedside teaching method than the methods of simulation in improving wound care skills in nursing students of health polytechnic of Jambi. European journal of pharmaceutical and medical research 2018; 5(12):53-57.
13. Wongsiri J, Sudkanya P. The relationship among attitude, learning Behavio in student-centered instruction and learning process skill of nursing students. Journal of nursing and education 2013; 6(1):95-104.
14. Aniwat N, Kotchakorn J, Withunda A, Walailak B, Pittayatorn W, Atthapol M et al. Bedside teaching for medical students at Srinagarind hospital during clinical rotation. Srinagarind Med J 2014; 29(4): 92
15. Katharina D, Diego M, Herbert P, Tjark M, Sarah S, Sven A, Nicole S, Tobias R. Evaluation in undergraduate medical education: Conceptualizing and validating a novel questionnaire for assessing the quality of bedside teaching. Medical teacher 2017:1-8.
How to Cite
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.