Main Article Content
Objective: The purposes of this study were 1. to evaluate the level of being a Learning Organization (LO) and the leve of the organizational effectiveness, 2. to compare the level of being a LO as classified by personal factors, and 3. to study the relationship between being a LO and the organization effectiveness.
Materials and Method:Three hundred and eleven completed questionnaires were received from the staffs of the Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University. The data were statistically analyzed according to frequency, percentage, mean and standard deviation. T test and F-test were used for two-groups and three-group comparisons respectively. LSD test was used in the case of comparing the different factors. Spearman rank-order correlation coefficient was used for analyzing the relationship between the learning organization and the organization effectiveness. One-way ANOVA was also used in the study. All tests were performed at a critical value of a=0.05
Results: The level of Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, as a LO evaluated in five disciplines, was high. The overall organization effectiveness, assessed in four dimensions, was also high. The educational background and work type of faculty staff significantly affected their perception regarding a LO at p-value <0.05. An overall high positive correlation was found between LO and organizational effectiveness (p-value <0.001). Both null hypothesis were thus rejected.
Conclusion: Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University as a LO and the organization effectiveness was high. Two individual personal factors among the staffs, educational background and work category, affected their perception of a LO. In this study, a high positive correlation between LO and organizational effectiveness was presented.
2. Hoy, Wayne. K and Cecil G. Miskel. Educational Adninistration : Theory Research and Practice. 4th ed. New York : Harper Collins; 1991: 383.
3. Narumon Boonpim. The relationship between Being a Learning Organization in Schools and Administrative Effectivenes of Schools under Kanchanaburi Educational Servive Area Office. Educational Administration. Kanchanaburi Rajabhat University; 2010.
4. Thanyanat Seekhao. The relationship between learning organization and the effectiveness of schools under secondary educational service area fooice 41. A Thesis Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirementns For the Degree of Moster of Education Field in Educational Adninistration Pibunsongkram Rajabhat University; 2016.
5. Saranya Vetchaiyo. The correlation btween being learning organization and human resource management of Naranuban school under the office of the private practice education commission Chonburi office1. Thesis, master degree of Educational Administration program, Burapa University; 2016.
6. Maneerat Khumwongdee. Relationship between learning organization and effectiveness of Pluakdang school under the Rayong primary education service area office 1 Thesis, master degree of Educational Administration program, Burapa University; 2013.
7. Aphisit Kunnaworapanya. The Influence of Transformational Leadership of Faculty executives in releationship to the Learning Organization. M.P.A. (Public Policy and Public Management). Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Mahidol Unversity; 2016.
8. Pairote Jiraponpaisal. The Development Approaches for Organization Learning of the Naval research and Development Office, The Royal Thai Navy. M.A. (Public Administration) Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Mahidol Unversity; 2010.
9. Yamane, T. Statistics: An Introductory Analysis. 2nd ed. Tokyo: John Weatherhill; 1970: 886.
10. Witchasarat Dhammaratjinda. The relationship between learning organization and school effectiveness in Suphanburi educational service area office 2. Thesis Master of Education, Silpakorn university; 2009.
11. Arnold J Hugh and Damiel C Fedman. Organization behavior, Mc. Graw-Hill, Inc. 1986.
12. Jitra Suriya. Personal Perception on Learning Organization in the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University. M.P.A. (Public Policy and Public Management). Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Mahidol Unversity; 2015.
13. Richard M. Steer, Gerardo R. Ungson, T. Richard Mowday. Managing Effective Organization An Introduction U.S.A. : Publish Company. 1985.