Main Article Content
The objectives of this research and development were to : 1) assess the competency of nurse leaders on health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0, 2) create competency development program of health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0 for nurse leaders, and 3) evaluate the results when the program was applied. The objectives of this research and development were to : 1) assess the competency of nurse leaders on health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0, 2) create competency development program of health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0 for nurse leaders, and 3) evaluate the results when the program was applied.
The research divided into 3 stages, the first stage was to assess the competency of nurse leaders on health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0. The sampling included 25 nurse leaders who had experiences on health strategy planning at least 2 years, by the questionnaire developed by the researcher composed of 2 parts, general data and the assessment form on health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0 was evaluated by 5 experts. The content validity and reliability were 0.85, 0.97 consequently. The statistics-mean and standard deviation were applied. On the second stage, the results of nurse leaders’ competency from the first stage was used as guidelines to develop the competency development program based on three concepts and theories: (1) competency of nurse leaders, (2) the competency development of nursing leaders, and 3) health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0 concept. The third stage, after the program was applied, the evaluation was conducted with 25 nurse leaders, the same group of first stage. Competency mean score before and after the program running was tested by paired t-test.
The results showed as follows: The nurse leaders’ competency on health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0 were at the low level (X=2.07, SD=0.46). The competency development program consist of 4 steps and takes 8 weeks: (1) preparation, (2) learning and development method liked a workshop and practical training related to the 8 domains, include: data collection from Big Data by STEEP tool, Driving Force, Key Driving Force, End State, Vision, Strategy Planning, Challenge Strategic, and Action Plan, (3) following application in the organization, and (4) evaluation program. After the program was applied, the nurse leaders’ competency on health strategy planning in Thailand 4.0 was significantly different than before at .001. The nurse leaders highly satisfied in attending the program. When the program will be applied, a participant context and training period should be considered.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Strategy and Plan Division, Office of the Permanent Secretary for Public Health. 20-year National Strategic Plan (public health), Fiscal Year. [internet]. 2018. [cited 2018 June 15]. Available from http://www.bps.moph.go.th. Thai.
3. Thailand Productivity Institute. Future management. [internet]. 2015. [cited 2015 June 15]. Available from www.ftpi.or.th. Thai.
4. Thaipat Institute Thai Rural Integrity Foundation Under royal patronage. Scenario Planning: Business immunity tool. [internet]. 2016. [cited 2017 October 15]. Available from https://www.sufficiencye conomy.com. Thai.
5. Masathienwong, C. Looking at the future (Part 2): Concepts and methods for creating future images. [internet]. 2010. [cited 2017 October 16]. Available from http://www.moe.go.th/moe/th. Thai.
6. Lueangamornlert S, Champamool A. Development of nursing service system, 12th ed. Nonthaburi: Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University. 2007. Thai.
7. Nursing Division. Guidelines for using professional nursing competency assessment forms. [internet]. 2004. [cited 2017 October 14]. Available from http://www.lpnh.go.th/web_nurse/sara_nurse/001.pdf. Thai.
8. The American Organization of Nurse Executives: AONE. Nurse Excusive competencies. [internet]. 2005. [cited 2017 October 14]. Available from http://www.aone.org/resources/nurse-leader-competencies.shtml
9. Marrelli AF, Tondara J, Hoge M. A. Strategies for developing competency model. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2005; 32 (5-6): 533-56.
10. Boontae, U. Summary of the evaluation of the performance of the master province health strategy. Phetchaburi: Phetchaburi provincial public health office. 2016. Thai.
11. McClelland, D.C. Test for competence, rather than intelligence. American Psychologists. 1973; 17(7): 57-83.
12. Nursing Council. Announcement of the Council Scope and performance of advanced nursing practitioners Branches. Bangkok: N.P. 2010. Thai.
13. Mezirow, J. Learning to think like an adult: Core concepts of transformation theory. In E. Taylor, and P. Cranton, editer. The Handbook of Transformative Learning: Theory, Research and Practice. San Francisco, CA.: Jossey-Bass. 2012.
14. Merriam, S. B. Adult learning theory: Evolution and future directions PAACE. Journal of Lifelong Learning. 2017; 26, 21-37.
15. Wattanawong, S. Psychology for adult education training. 2nd ed. Bangkok: Dansunthakaraphim. 2012. Thai.
16. Gifford, J. Action learning principle and issue in practice. Institute for Employment Studies. Brighton: UK. 2005
17. Office of the civil service commission. Establishing a strategic plan according to the guidelines of OCSO. [internet]. 2013. [cited 2017 October 16]. Available from http://www.opdc.go.th. Thai.
18. Office of policy and strategy. Ministry of Public Health. Formulation of strategic plan that focuses on achievement according to the principle Balanced Scorecard the strategic plan of the Bureau of Policy and Strategy Fiscal Year 2016-2020. Bangkok: Sam
Charoen Commercial. 2015. Thai.
19. David, Fred R. Strategic Management: A competitive advantage approach, concepts & cases.13th ed. Pearson: New Jersey. 2011.
20. Wright G, Cairns G. Scenario thinking: Practical approaches to the future. Basingstoke: UK. 2011.
21. Kitpreedabourisut, B. Social science research methodology. 8th ed. Bangkok: Chamchuri Products. 2008. Thai.
22. Benner P. From novice to expert: Excellence and power in clinical nursing practice. California: Addison Wesley. 1984.
23. Srisaard B. Basic research (8nd ed.). Bangkok: Suriyasarn. 2010. Thai.
24. The Joint Committee on standards for educational evaluations. The program evaluation standards: How to assess evaluations of educational programs. Newbury Park, CA: Sage. 1994.
25. Jandawan, A. Strategy to enhance knowledge, understanding and capability of making a strategic plan among employees of the agricultural cooperative for marketing in the interest of bank of agriculture and agricultural cooperatives clients. Sakon Nakhon
Gradiate Studies Journal. 20107; (28): 97-106. Thai.
26. Gongterm T. The Development of integrated strategic planning model for the office of educational service area. Thesis Ph.D. in Educational Administration Naresuan University. Phitsanulok: Naresuan University. 2010. Thai.
27. Phaengrith R., Pakdeewong P., Charuprachewin C., and Kornpuang. A. Model for the development of strategic planning competencies for plan and policy analysis in primary educational service area offices. Journal of ENU. 2018; 16 (2) 92-103. Thai.