Main Article Content
This action research was using the epidemiology theory as the conceptual framework of the research, focused on 1) to study and situation analysis of tuberculosis epidemiology, 2) to study and situation analysis of tuberculosis surveillance, prevention and control and 3) development of practice guideline for tuberculosis surveillance, prevention and control in Khon Kaen municipality. Research participants consisted of 8 tuberculosis patients, 11 caregivers and villages health volunteers, 5 community leaders and 8 health personels (7 from primary care level, 1 from administrative level). Qualitative data were analyzed using content analysis while quantitative data were analyzed using descriptive statistics.
The result of situation analysis of tuberculosis epidemiology showed significant factors impacted on tuberculosis epidemiology in Khon Kaen municipality were: 1) Personal factors were lack of knowledge and understand about self care , didn’t know about situation illness at the community that affect to recurrent Tb and epidemiology. 2) Management process and agent factors that spread to other people and had new Tb who lived around the patients. 3) Environment factors find that their house were very close, poor ventilation,sunlight can’t through the window ,didn’t clean their bed, pillow and blankets that affected to epidemiology. The guideline for TB surveillance prevention and control in Khon Kaen municipality consisted of the following activities: 1) situational analysis, discussion and plan, 2) developing the workshops course, 3) training workshops for skills needed (volunteers, community leaders) ,4) developing surveillance report
form for screening and transfer people who were contact, high risk and patients gave access to treatment and continue, 5) developing the public relations in the community, and 6) monitoring for evaluation and the surveillance report form was practical . Thus, the suggestion of this research should be study of empowerment with people at risk to get treatment tuberculosis early and lesson learned from best practice with surveillance prevention and control.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. World Health Organization. Monitoring health for the SDGs, sustainable development goals. Geneva: WHO; 2016.
3. Bureau of Tuberculosis Department of Disease Control. Guideline for prevention and control transmission of tuberculosis. Nonthaburi: Ministry of Public Health; 2016. Thai.
4. Bureau of Tuberculosis Department of Disease Control. National tuberculosis control programme guidelines, Thailand 2018. Nonthaburi: Ministry of Public Health; 2018. Thai.
5. The Office of Disease Prevention and Control 7 Khon Kaen. Report inspection of khon kaen province in health area 7. Khon kaen: health area 7 press; 2017.
6. Khon kaen municipality. Screening report of tuberculosis in a school. Khonkaen: Khon kaen municipality press ; 2017. Thai.
7. Bureau of Tuberculosis Department of Disease Control. Guideline shorter regimen for mdr-tb treatment. Nonthaburi: Ministry of Public Health; 2017. Thai.
8. World Health Organization. Bending the curve -ending TB: Annual report 2017: WHO; 2017.
9. Henekness, H. & Rosanna, D. Community and Public Health Nursing: Evidence for Practice. Boston: Little brown and Co; 2011.
10. Henekness, H. & Buring, E. Epidemiology in medicine. Boston: Little Brown and Co; 1996.
11. Kemmis, S & Mc Taggrat, R. The Action research planner. 3 rd ed. Victoria: Deakin University Press; 1988.
12. Singkumpong P. Factors associated with pulmonary tuberculosis in household contacts of tuberculosis patients in Kalasin Province [dissertation]. [Khon Kaen]: Khon Kaen University; 2011. 150 p. Thai.
13. Somwan K. Risk factors of pulmonary tuberculosis among people diagnosed in phayao hospital, muang district, phayao rovince[dissertation]. [Phayao]: Phayao University; 2013. 128p. Thai.
14. Sritha S. Environmental factors affecting the transmission of mycobacterium tuberculosis province [dissertation]. [Chonburi]: Burapha University; 2010. 159p. Thai.
15. Taluntin K. Tuberculosis control the community at banwangsang health center,wangsang subdistrict, chonnabot district,khon kaen province [dissertation]. [Khon Kaen]: Khon Kaen University; 2010. 124 p. Thai.
16. Sinturawit P. The development of practice guideline for tuberculosis control in community of wanonniwat hospital, wanonniwat district sakonnakhon province [dissertation]. [Khon Kaen]: Khon Kaen University; 2011. 130 p. Thai.
17. Chaodorn Ch. Development of a pulmonary tuberculosis health care in banphue hospital udonthani province. [dissertation]. [Khon Kaen]: Khon Kaen University; 2012. 118 p. Thai.