Main Article Content
Improvement of clinical skills development in primary medical care helps students improve their quality and safety of primary medical care and thus results in better client satisfaction. This article presents administrative guidelines to develop clinical skills in primary medical care of nursing student with the focus of education provision based on “learning from practice” which includes 1) a seminar on primary medical care, 2) primary medical care using simulation, 3) primary medical care by practicing with patients, and 4) OSCE used for assessment with mutual management of stakeholders based on 4 which must include 4.1) self-preparation, 4.2) preparation of students, 4.3) mutual development and 4.4) value of assessment awareness. Thus, students would have better clinical skills in primary medical care and clients will also receive improved services.
บทความและรายงานวิจัยในวารสารพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข เป็นความคิดเห็นของ ผู้เขียน มิใช่ของคณะผู้จัดทำ และมิใช่ความรับผิดชอบของสมาคมศิษย์เก่าพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข ซึ่งสามารถนำไปอ้างอิงได้
2. Thongmeekhaun T. Technique to history interviews for basic medical treatment. Songkhla: Mongkul Printing.2013. (in Thai).
3. Thongmeekhaun T, Sateuw S, Jantaweemuang W. Implementing the objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) to evaluate
clinical skills in basic medical treatment of nursing students. Journal of Nursing Siam University 2015;16(31):18-27. (in Thai).
4. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Songkhla.Course syllabus: primary medical care practicum. Songkhla: Author.2016.
5. Marquardt MJ. Action learning in action: transforming problem and people for word class organization learning. Palo Alto:
6. Khammani T. Teaching science: knowledge for process to effective learning.18thed. Bangkok: Dansutta Printing.2014. (in Thai).
7. Thongmeekhaun T, Kitrungroj T, Chunpradub P. The effect of seminar teaching method on learning achievement of participants of the nursing specialty in nurse practitioner (primary medical care) program for the topic of the primary medical care of patients with dyspnea syndrome. Nursing Journal of the Ministry of Public Health 2015;25(3):25-38. (in Thai).
8. Thongmeekhaun T, Sateuw S, Chuakompeng A. Perception of students and preceptors towards clinical skills regarding basic medical treatment among nursing students, Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Songkhla. Nursing Journal of the Ministry of Public Health 2016;25(Special Issue):131-43. (in Thai).
9. Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Songkhla. Field experience report: primary medical care practicum. Songkhla: Author.2017. (in Thai).
10. Satitpakeekul A. Instructional design: teacher’s skill for success. Narkbhut Paritat Journal 2018;10(Special Issue):107-15. (in Thai).
11. Institute of Physical Education Chumphom. Curriculum analysis. [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 June 12]. Available from: http://www.ipecp.ac.th/ipecp/cgi- binn/webpili/unit4/level4-1.html. (in Thai).
12. Pasiphol S. Learning measurement and evaluation. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University Press. Bangkok.2016. (in Thai).
13. Cheevakasemsook A. Nursing process and health assessment: hetory and practice. Nonthaburi: The Office of the
University Press Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University;2008. (in Thai).
14. Sri DamaW. Patient interview and physical examination. (12thed.). Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University Press. 2008. (in Thai).
15. Phraboromarajchanok Institute. Obstructive structured clinical examination (OSCE) 2. Nonthaburi: Yutharint Printing.2013.
16. Lohapaiboonkul N, PalakarnB. The effects of an objective structured clinical examinations (OSCEs) test to evaluate the knowledge and clinical skills in basic medical treatment and perceive of preceptors from community of the clinical skills of nursing students. Nursing Journal of the Ministry of Public Health 2013;23(3):24-34. (in Thai).