Quality of Life among Patients with HIV/AIDS in Pa-phayom District, Phatthalung Province
Keywords:Patients with HIV/AIDS, Quality of life
The purpose of this descriptive study aimed to determine level of quality of life among patients with HIV/AIDS in Pa-phayom District, Phatthalung Province. Totally, 101 patients with HIV/AIDS who registered in Pa-phayom hospital, Pa-phayom district, Phatthalung province were enrolled into the study. The data was gathered in January 2019 by using questionnaire of quality of life developed by World Health Organization (WHQOL-BREF-THAI). The data was analyzed by descriptive statistics. Results revealed that quality of life was rated at moderate level (50.50%). In addition, it was found that psychological dimension of quality of life was rated at good level (68.32%). Physiological, socio-relationship and environmental dimension of quality of life were rated at moderate level (59.41, 73.27, 65.35%) respectively. However, 2.97 of subjects had dimension of socio-relationship at poor level. Hence, health professional should develop the quality of life among patients with HIV/AIDS by establishment the activities related to dimension of socio-relationship in order to promote the development and the overall of quality of life.
2. Bureau of AIDS, TB and STIs. Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health. HIV Counseling Handbook. Bangkok: The agricultural co-operative federation of Thailand Publishing Limited; 2012. (in Thai)
3. Kaewdang, K. Nurses and Holistic Nursing Care in AIDS Patient.Journal of Phrapokklao Nursing College 2015;
26(1 Suppl): 128-135. (in Thai)
4. National Health Security Office, Thailand. National guidelines on HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention 2017.Bangkok: Sahamitr printing and publishing company limited; 2017. (in Thai)
5. The Thai Red Cross Society. Counseling training Handbook of the beginning antiretroviral therapy at all levels of CD4. Songkhla: National Health Security office; 2015. (in Thai)
6. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). Situation of Patients with AIDS on1st December, 2015. [Internet].
2019. [Accessed 20 May 2019].Available from https://news.thaipbs.or.th/conten/6414.
7. Paphayom Hospital. Registry of Patients with HIV/AIDS Pa-phayom District, Phatthalung Province. Pa-phayom hospital, Paphayom District, Phatthalung. 2019. (in Thai)
8. Mahunnirunkul, S., Tantipiwattansakul, W., Pumpisan, W. Comparison the Quality of life of 100 and 26 index World Health Organization. Bangkok, National Research Council of Thailand. 1997. (in Thai)
9. Duangngam, P., Kochapakdee, W., Chaimay, B. Level of quality of life and factor effecting quality of life among HIV infected and AIDS patients received antiretroviral drugs in community hospitals Trang Province. Journal of Thaksin University 2012; 15(3Suppl): 217-226. (in Thai)
10. Tongmon, T. Self care and quality of life of ADIS Patients in Dramaraksananivesana Project, Lop Buri Province.[Thesis of Master of Science]. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2004. (in Thai)
11. Rakmuang, S. The quality of life among AIDS patients receiving and antiretroviral therapy in region 11. [Thesis Master of Science]. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2003. (in Thai)
12. Paktipat, P., Kingpaiklang, M., Cherdchaiyapoom, W., Phimarn, W., Taengthonglang, C., Saramunee, K. Factors affect the CD4 levels and quality of life of HIV/AIDS patients. J Sci Technol MSU 2017; 35(5): 561-571. (in Thai)
13. Choopan, K. Individual quality of life in HIV-infected/AIDS patients at Warinchumrab Hospital. [Thesis] Master of Science].Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University;2011. (in Thai)