Main Article Content
Nowadays, healthcare data, has been recorded more in electronic formats, both structured and unstructured forms. To utilize huge and complex data, it needs skills in big data analytics. However, most medical staffs are unfamiliar with big data. This article is therefore aimed to introduce type of data analytics, machine learning, statistics, and data mining which contribute to healthcare big data analysis. The article should be useful for healthcare professionals who are new to this field.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Razavian N, Blecker S, Schmidt AM, Smith-McLallen A, Nigam S, Sontag D. Population-level prediction of type 2 diabetes using claims data and analysis of risk factors. Big Data. 2015;3(4):277-287. doi:10.1089/big.2015.0020.
3. Maydon T. Four types of data analytics. https://www.kdnuggets.com/2017/07/4-types-data-analytics.html. Accessed May 7, 2018.
4. Fayyad U, Piatetsky-Shapiro G, Smyth P. From data mining to knowledge discovery in databases. AI Magazine. 1996;17(3):37-54.
5. Mitchell TM. Machine Learning. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 1997.
6. Witten IH, Frank E, Hall MA. Data mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques. 3rd ed. Burlington, MA: Elsevier; 2011.
7. Abu-Mostafa Y.S, Magdon-Ismail M, Lin H-T. Learning from Data. New York, NY: AML Book; 2012.
8. Samuel AL. Some studies in machine learning using the game of checkers. IBM J Res Develop. 1959:3(3):211-229.