Main Article Content
This descriptive correlational study aimed to examine the level of professional nurses’ risk management behaviors and the relationships between factors and risk management behaviors of the professional nurses who worked at Hatyai hospital. The sample consisted of 258 professional nurses who were selected by purposive random sampling. The questionnaire used to collect the data consisted of six parts, including: 1) demographic characteristics, 2) professional nurses’ risk management behaviors, 3) communication skills, 4) attitudes towards risk management, 5) participatory risk management, and 6) risk management motivation. The reliabilities of Parts 2 to 6 of the questionnaire were tested using Cronbach’s alpha coefficient, yielding values of .92, .95, .90, .94 and .96 respectively. The data were analyzed using frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation, and Pearson’s product moment correlation. The results revealed that the overall mean score of the professional nurses’ risk management behaviors was at a high level. There were moderate positive correlations of risk management motivation, communication skills, participation in risk management and attitudes towards risk management with the risk management behaviors among professional nurses (r=.601, r=.560, r=.468 and r=.321, respectively, p<.001). These research findings could be used to develop the promotion of risk management behaviors among professional nurses.
บทความและรายงานวิจัยในวารสารพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข เป็นความคิดเห็นของ ผู้เขียน มิใช่ของคณะผู้จัดทำ และมิใช่ความรับผิดชอบของสมาคมศิษย์เก่าพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข ซึ่งสามารถนำไปอ้างอิงได้
2. World Health Organization [WHO]. Patient safety [internet]. 2018 [cited 2019 May 1]. Available from: http://www.who.int/patientsafety/en/
3. Hatyai Hospital. Statistical reporting of the risk incidence in Hatyai Hospital 2015-2019. Songkhla: Hospital reporting;2019.
4. Hatyai Hospital. Risk management. Songkhla: Hospital Annual;2018.
5. Ritthaisong S. Risk management of hospital in registered nurse context. Public Health & Health lows Journal 2017;3(1):77-87.(in Thai).
6. Sriwasuta C. The factors influencing the clinical nursing risk management of professional nurses at a private hospital in Nonthaburi province [Master thesis]. Nakhon Pathom: Christian University.2015.(in Thai).
7. Phongkwan S. The factors influencing the risk management of professional nurses at Phutthamonthon Hospital in Nakhonpathom province. 2017;33(1):130-40.(in Thai).
8. Klaisuban P. The relationship amongst attitudes, communication skill, and risk management behaviors of perioperative nurses at the tertiary level hospitals in the fourth region in the Ministry of Public Health [Master thesis]. Nakhon Pathom: Christian University.2012.(in Thai).
9. Jaiprong S, Thongkamrod R, Hingkanont P. The factors affecting risk management behaviors of professional from https://bit.ly/2LaZxIU
10. Khemthong S. Factors related to the risk management of medication error of professional nurses in a private hospital [Master thesis]. Chonburi: Burapha University.2016.(in Thai).
11. Benjamas F. The relationship between motivation and risk management of professional nurses at the tertiary level hospital in Suphanburi province [Master thesis]. Nakhon Pathom: Christian University.2012.(in Thai).
12. Wilson J, Tingle J. Clinical risk modification: a route to clinical governance. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann; 1999.
13. Gipson JL, Ivancevich JM, Donnelly JH. Organizations, behaviors, structure, processes. 9th ed. Boston: Mc Grew-Hill;2000.
14. Swansburg RC, Swansburg RJ. Introduction to management and leadership for nurse managers. Boston: Jones & Bartlett Learning;2002.
15. Polit DF, Beck CT. Nursing research: generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice. 9th ed. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott Williams & Wilkins;2012.
16. Srisatidnarakul B. The methodology in nursing research. 5th ed. Bangkok: U&I Inter Media;2010.(in Thai).
17. Bloom S. Taxonomy of educational objective. 2nd ed. London: Longman Inc;1979.
18. Herberg F. The motivation to work. New York: John Wiley & Sons;1959.
19. Berlo DK. The process of communication: an introduction to theory and practice. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston;1960.
20. Triandis HC. Attitude and attitude change. New York: John Wiley & Sons;1971.