Main Article Content
The purpose of this systematic review was to explore characteristics of studies focusing on management models for prevention of unwanted pregnancies among Thai teenagers and to summarize evidence-based knowledge derived from these studies. The seven research studies published during the year 2007-2018 in Thailand were selected from 501 studies. The data extraction method developed by the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) was used for data collection. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics and content analysis. The results were as follows: all research studies reviewed in this study reached level 2C of the JBI. All of the samples in the studies were female teenagers. Management models for the prevention of unwanted pregnancies consisted of health education, motivation and behavioral skills. All management models for the prevention of unwanted pregnancies could improve knowledge and unwanted pregnancy prevention skills of study groups. This systematic research could be used to develop a management model for preventing unwanted pregnancy in teenagers by providing information positive motivation, and social support as well as improving skills to avoid sexual risk behaviors which can also help solving other health problems.
บทความและรายงานวิจัยในวารสารพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข เป็นความคิดเห็นของ ผู้เขียน มิใช่ของคณะผู้จัดทำ และมิใช่ความรับผิดชอบของสมาคมศิษย์เก่าพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข ซึ่งสามารถนำไปอ้างอิงได้
2. Maternal and child health [internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Jan 15]. Available from: https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/report.php?source=pformated/format1.php&cat_id=1ed90bc32310b503b7ca9b32af425ae5&id=4f7d8042fb0a064b25f29a48f6ccd23f
3. Information system to support promotion and environmental health [internet]. 2021 [cited 2021 March15]. Available from: https://dashboard.anamai.moph.go.th/surveillance?year=2021
4. Statistics on Adolescent Births, Thailand 2018 [internet]. 2018 [cited 2019 Aug 2]. Available from:
5. Act for prevention and solution the adolescent pregnancy problem B.E. 2559 [internet]. 2016 [cited 2019 Dec 20]. Available from: http://rh.anamai.moph.go.th/download/all_file/index/%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%8D%E0%B8%8D%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B41_3.pdf
6. Adolescent pregnancy situation [internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 Dec 20]. Available from: http://rh.anamai. moph.go.th/download/all_file/index/situation/FactSheet@62.pdf
7. Srisujarit D, Rattanaprom P, Phisaphab R.(October 2015). Knowledge and attitudes in preventing unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases of the teen senior students at the beginning of school in the municipality, Suratthani. Paper presented at the SRU National Research Conference 11th Integrated Research Enhances University Engagement, Surathani, Thailand.
8. McLeod S. Bandura-social learning theory [internet]. 2016 [cited 2019 Dec 20]. Available from: www.simplypsychology.org/bandura.html
9. Llewellyn C, Abraham C, Miners A, Smith H, Pollard A, Benn P, Fisher M. Multicentre RCT and economic evaluation of a psychological intervention together with a leaflet to reduce risk behaviour amongst men who have sex with men (MSM) prescribed post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV following sexual exposure (PEPSE): A protocol. BMC infectious diseases. 2012 Dec;12(1):1-8.
10. Joanna Briggs Institute. The Joanna Briggs Institute. Joanna Briggs Institute Reviewers’ Manual: 2014 edition. The Joanna Briggs Institute [internet].2014 [cited 2019 Dec 20]. Available from: https://
11. Pusuwun S, Wongyai K, Leekuan P. Effects of skill development for prevention of sexual risk behavior on perceived self-efficacy and sexual risk behavior among female adolescent. Nursing Journal 2013;40 (4):68-79.(in Thai).
12. Yanasan B, Powwattana A, Nanthamongkolchai S, Auemaneekul N. Sexual communication skill development program by peer leader to prevent sexual risk behavior among early female adolescents. J Pub Health Nurse 2015;29(1):114-31.
13. Danpradit P, Karuhadej P, Yingpaiboonsuk U, Kittichottipanich B, Suaysom P. Effects of applying self-efficacy theory and life skills enhancement program on sexual relation avoidance confidence and pregnancy prevention among sexually at-risk teenage female students. Journal of Nursing Science Chulalongkorn University 2018;30(1):11-22.(in Thai).
14. Kingmala C, Rawiworrakul T, Powwattana A. Effect of a pregnancy prevention program for female adolescents. Journal of Boromarajonani College of Nursing Bangkok 2015;31(3):25-34.(in Thai).
15. Jaiyasit R, Lapvongwattana P, Chansatitporn N. Application of the information motivation and behavioral skill model for pregnancy prevention in female secondary students. Journal of Public Health Nursing 2018; 32(3):1-18.(in Thai).
16. Rattananam S, Sangsuwa C, Nitirat P, Plsaipan P. The effect of safe - sex promoting program on knowledge and health belief toward sexual transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancy prevention among female adolescents. The Journal of Prapokklao Hospital Clinical Medical Education Center 2015;32(4):305-22.(in Thai).
17. Sangchart E, Duangsong R. The effects of health education program with electronic media (facebook) on skill development for adolescent pregnancy prevention among grade 7 students. The Office of Disease Prevention and Control 7 Khon Kaen 2016;23(1):96-104.(in Thai).