Main Article Content
The current society is in the era of the digital society that has the tools to facilitate communication quickly. Social media is a choice of digital communications. Users can participate in the creation of information to exchange ideas through the internet system which can communicate quickly and be accessed easily. Nurses in the era of the digital society should have knowledge and understanding of these technologies and apply them as tools to develop a care service for clients to access information resources quickly and communicate to exchange information between each other effectively. This article provides the reasons why nurses should use social media and how to use it to develop themselves and their profession, and the considerations for using social media appropriately.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
เนื้อหาบทความหรือข้อคิดเห็นต่างๆ ในวารสารพยาบาลสภากาชาดไทยนี้ เป็นความคิดเห็นของผู้เขียนบทความ ไม่ใช่ความเห็นของกองบรรณาธิการ หรือสถาบันการพยาบาลศรีสวรินทิรา สภากาชาดไทย
2. Ventola CL. Social Media and Health Care Professionals: Benefits, Risk, and Best Practices. P T. 2014;39(7):491-520.
3. Casella E, Mills J, Usher K. Social media and nursing practice: changing the balance between the social and technical aspects of work. Collegian 2014;21(2):121-6.
4. LinkedIn. About Linkedln [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2017 Dec 2] Available from: https://press.linkedin.com/about-linkedin.
5. Twitter. About twitter [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2017 Dec 2]. Available from: https://about.twitter.com/company.
6. Wilson B. 6 Reasons Why Nurses Should Use Social Media [Internet]. 2012 [updated June 6 2012; cited 2016 Nov 25]. Available from: https://thenerdynurse.com/2012/06/6-reasons-why-nurses-should-use-social-media.html.
7. Wilson B. 7 Ways Nurses Can Use Social Media for Career Success [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2017 Nov 25]. Available from: https://thenerdynurse.com/2014/01/7-ways-nurses-can-use-social-media-for-career-success.html
8. Chalongsuk R, Samranrat N, KoKoblaph P, Jaichun P, Phukjinda W. Usage Behavior and Attitude of the Pharmacy Students of Silpakorn University towardSocial Media for Education. Veridian E-Journal 2014;7(2):802-12.
9. New Zealand Nurse Organisation. Social media and the nursing profession: a guide to online professionalism for nurses and nursing students [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2017 Nov 25]. Available from: https://www.cdhb.health.nz/News/Media-Guide.
10. Supamanee T, Thana K. Social media networking: consideration for nurses. Nursing Journal 2015;42(2):164-8. (in Thai)
11. Spector N, Kappel DM. Guidelines for using electronic and social media: the regulatory perspective. Online J Issues in Nurs 2012;17(3):1.