Main Article Content
This research and development study aimed to develop and examine the effectiveness of the “Self-learning package: Basic knowledge of Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing” for nursing students. The self-learning package was developed according to ADDIE Model. Participants consisted of a random sample of 32 nursing students who passed the nursing course entitled Persons with mental health problems, both theoretical and practical components. The research instruments included: 1)Assessment of the situation and educational media needs, 2) Self-learning package: Basic knowledge of Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing, 3) Learning achievement test and a questionnaire of satisfaction of students towards the use of the self-learning package. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics and dependent t-tests. The results of this study revealed that the efficiency of “Self-learning package: Basic knowledge of Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing” for nursing students was at 80.00/88.44, which was close to the set criteria (80/80). The post-test of the achievement test of the self-learning package was statistically significant higher than the pre-test (t=1.28, p<.001). A high level of satisfaction towards the self-learning package (Mean=4.50, SD=.64) was reported. The findings indicate that the “Self-learning package: Basic knowledge of Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing” for nursing students is effective for self-review.
บทความและรายงานวิจัยในวารสารพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข เป็นความคิดเห็นของ ผู้เขียน มิใช่ของคณะผู้จัดทำ และมิใช่ความรับผิดชอบของสมาคมศิษย์เก่าพยาบาลกระทรวงสาธารณสุข ซึ่งสามารถนำไปอ้างอิงได้
2. Praboromarajchanok Institute. Courses bachelor of nursing program 2009 issue updated 2018. Bangkok: Boromarajanani College of Nursing, Bangkok; 2018. (in Thai)
3. Boromarajanani College of Nursing, Bangkok. Course evaluation report nursing care of persons with mental problems course, academic year 2016. Bangkok; 2017 (in Thai)
4. Chansawang W, Komjakraphan P, Piriyakoontorn S, Buapech A. Reviewing process and success factors for the nursing comprehensive and licensing exam. Journal of Nursing and Education. 2010; 3(1):55-69. (in Thai)
5. Khamanee T. Teaching science: knowledge for effective learning process measurement. Bangkok: Publisher of Chulalongkorn University; 2012. (in Thai)
6. Kruse K, Keil J. Technology-based training: threat and science of design, development, and delivery. [internet]. 2000. [cited 31 August 2019] Available: https://www.e-learningguru.com/article/art21.htm
7. Gagliano ME., (1988). A literature review on the efficacy of video in patient education. Journal of Medical Education. 1988;63(10):789-92.
8. Heinich R, Molenda M, Russell JD. & Smaldino SE. Instructional media and technologies for learning, Washington: Merrill Prentice Hall, 2002.
9. Saraketrin A, Rongmuang D, Chantra R. Nursing education in the 21st century: competencies and roles of nursing instructors. Journal of The Royal Thai Army Nurses. 2019;20(1),12-20. (in Thai)
10. Mingsirithum K. Creative educational media design. Chulalongkorn university press. Bangkok 2015. (in Thai)
11. Kunaviktikul W. Teaching and learning in the discipline of nursing in the 21st century. Nursing Journal. 2015;42(2):153-6. (in Thai)
12. Sripa K. The development of an instructional model based on constructivist theory to enhance thinking abilities of police nursing students in mental mealth and psychiatric nursing practicum. Journal of The Police Nurse. 2015;7(1):15-30. (in Thai)
13. Kunlaka S, Purivittayatheera K, Pumput P. Attitude of students toward using film as instruction media in the course of nursing care of people with mental health problems. Ramathibodi Nursing Journal. 2013;19(1):103-13. (in Thai)
14. Suttipong P, Suttharangsee W, Kongsuwan V, Mamah P, Chistraksa W. Learning outcomes and teaching learning strategies in mental health and psychiatric nursing course as perceived by the second-year nursing students. Songklanagarind Journal of Nursing. 2015;35(2):191-204. (in Thai)
15. Brahmawong C. Developmental testing of media and instructional package. Silpakorn Educational Research Journal. 2013;5(1):7-22. (in Thai)
16. Tuntavanitch P, Jindasri P. The real meaning of IOC. Journal of Educational Measurement, Mahasarakham University. 2018;24(2):3-12. (in Thai)
17. Boonkusol T, Intawat J. The effects of learning techniques using the activity package for anatomy and physiology subjects to enhance the analytical thinking ability and satisfaction of nursing students. The Journal of Baromarajonani College of Nusing, Nakhonratchasima. 2017; 23(1):85-96. (in Thai)
18. Naglaa Fathy Mahmoud. The effect of self- learning package versus lecture method on students’ intended learning outcomes. World Journal of Nursing Sciences 2015;1(3):89-99.
19. Rangdang N, Ubolyaem D. The development of interactive e-learning of mental status examination for the third year nursing students of boramarajonani college of nursing,Saraburi. Nursing Public Health and Education Journal. 2018;19(1):169-81. (in Thai)