ความสัมพันธ์ระหว่าง ปัจจัยพื้นฐานบางประการ ความสัมพันธ์ต่างเกื้อกูล รางวัลสำหรับการดูแลกับคุณภาพชีวิตของญาติผู้ดูแลที่ดูแลผู้สูงอายุโรคหลอดเลือดสมอง
Objective: To examine possible ways in which basic factors, mutuality and caregiving
rewards could be related to the quality of life of stroke patients’ caregivers.
Design: Correlational research.
Methodology: The study was conducted using Archbold & Stewart’s Family
Care Model. The sample population consisted of 100 main caregivers of stroke patients
treated at Rajburi Hospital. Data were collected by means of a questionnaire and analysed
using descriptive statistics, Fisher’s Exact Test, ETA and Spearman’s correlation coeffcient.
Results: Mutuality was found to have a positive relationship with the caregivers’
quality of life, at a signifcant level of .05 (r = .287). Relationships between some
basic factors, namely, sex, age, education level and length of caregiving, and caregiving
rewards, were not related in any signifcant way to the caregivers’ quality of life.
Recommendations: It is recommended that nurses evaluate the degree of mutuality
as part of a caring plan for caregivers, who in turn could enhance the quality of life of
the patients under their care.
2. Engstad T, Engstad TT, Viitanen M, Ellekjaer H. Epidemiology of stroke in the elderly in the Nordic countries. incidence, survival, prevalence and risk factors. Norsk epidemiologi 2012; 22(2): 121-26.
3. Janthayanont D, Wisetduangthum K, Weerapolphai K, Suwankanoknant J, Supajarupun T, Mungthin M, et al. Attitude and caregiver burden from taking care of stroke patients in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya Province. Journal of Preventive Medicine Association of Thailand 2011;1(1):58-65. (In Thai)
4. Gillespie D, Campbell F. Effect of stroke on family carers and family relationships. Nursing Standard 2011;26(2):39-46.
5. Singhpoo K, Tiamkao S, Ariyanuchitkul S, SangpongsanonS, Kamsa-ard S, Lekbunyasin O, et al. The expendituresof stroke outpatients at Srinagarind Hospital. SrinagarindMedical Journal 2009;24(1):54-9. (In Thai)
6. Ware JE, Kosinski M, Keller SD. SF-12: How to scorethe SF-12 physical and mental health summery scales.2nd ed. Boston: New England Medical Center; 1998.7. Ogunlana MO, Dada OO, Oyewo OS, Odole OS, Ogunsan MO. Quality of life and burden of informal caregivers of stroke survivors. Hong Kong Physio-therapy Journal 2014;32:6-12.
8. Olai L, Borgquist L, Svardsudd K. Life situations and the care burden for stroke patients and their informal caregivers in a prospective cohort study. Ups J Med Sci 2015;120:290-98.
9. Clay OJ, Grant JS, Wadley VG, Perkins MM, Haley WE, Roth DL. Correlates of health-related quality of life in African American and Caucasian stroke caregiver. Rehabil Psychol 2013;58(1):1-15.
10. Nanudorn A, Srisuriyawate R, Homsin. Predictive factors of health-related quality of life among family caregivers of stroke patients with communication problems. Journal of Public Health Nursing 2016; 30(1):49-61. (In Thai)
11. Mackenzie A, Greenwood N. Positive experiences of caregiving in stroke: a systematic review. Disabil & Rehabil 2012;34(17):1413-22.
12. Onabajo GV, Ali A, Hamzat T. Quality of life of Nigerian informal caregivers of community-dwelling stroke survivors. Scand J of Caring Sci 2013;27(4): 977-82.
13. Chuluunbaata E, Chou YJ, Pu C. Quality of life of stroke survivors and their informal caregivers: A prospective study. Disabil Health J 2016;9(2): 306-12.
14. Thapsuwan S, Thongcharoenchupong N, Gray R. Determinants of stress and happiness among family caregiver to older persons. Thai Population Journal 2012;4(1):75-92. (In Thai)
15. Baumann M, Couffignal S, Bihan EL, Chau N. Life satisfaction two-years after stroke onset: the effects of gender, sex occupational status, memory function and quality of life among stroke patients and their family caregivers in Luxembourg. BMC Neurol 2012 Sep 25;12(105). . doi: 10.1186/1471-2377-12-105
16. Seesuay F. Quality of life of caregivers in patients with stroke at king Chulalongkorn memorial hospital. [Master degree]. Bangkok: Chulalongkorn University; 2007. (In Thai)
17. Samartkit N, Kasemkitvattana S, Thosingha A, Vorapongsathorn T. Caregiver role strain and rewards:caring for Thais with a Traumatic Brain Injury. Pacific Rim Int J Nurs Res 2010;14(4):297-314.
18. Kopachon C. Kasekitwattana S, Pichitpornchai W, Panitrat R. Influnces on preparedness, rewards of caregiving, and factors in role strain of caregivers of patients with cerebrovascular disease. [Master degree]. Bangkok: Mahidol University; 2002. (In Thai)
19. Archbold PJ, Stewart BJ. Fammily Cargiving Inventory [Unpublished manuscript]. Portland: Oregon Health Sciences University; 1986.
20.Polit DF. Beck CT. Nursing research: generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice. 8thed.Philadelphia: Lippincott; 2008.21. Wirojratana V. Development of the Thai family Care inventory [Doctoral dissertation.Portland:Oregon Health & Science University; 2002.
22. Shyu YL. Yang C. Huang C. Kuo H. Chen S. Hsu W. Influences of mutuality, preparednes, and balance on caregivers of patients with Dementia. J Nurs Res 2010;18(3):155-63.
23. Haveegasikum Y. Sritarapipat P. Palmanee M. TathongB. Factors related to quality of life among Thai caregiversof the chronic disease patients with dependency in Manorom District, Chainat Province. Nursing Journalof the Ministry of Public Health 2016;24(3):104-18. (In Thai)
24. Tengrang K, Sihapark S, Cheuengsatiansup K. Impact and burden of long-term care for the elderly in Thai cultural context : case study of the elderly with dementia.Primary Health Care Division Journal 2015;10(1): 24-34. (In Thai)
25. Srijamong N. Patterns of coping with stress affection adaptational outcomes in adult. 4th Suan Sunandha academic national conference on research forsustainable development 2016; 2016 Sep 26; Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University; Bangkok; p 616-24 (In Thai)
26. Prombut P, Piaseu N, Sakulhongsopon S. Factors related to stress of family caregiver of patients with stroke at home. Rama Nursing Journal 2013; 20(1):82-96. (In Thai)
Copyright (c) 2017 วารสารสภาการพยาบาล(Thai Journal of Nursing Council)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.