Predictor of Nursing License Examination of Bachelor Graduates of Srisavarindhira Thai Red Cross Institute of Nursing in 2017
This research is a predictive descriptive research aimed at studying the predictive factors to the result of the license examination in the first class registered nurses and midwifery. The sample was 188 graduates from Srisavarindhira Thai Red Cross Institute of Nursing in 2017. The study instruments were two questionnaires developed by the researchers based on the review literature, the preparation for the license examination in the first class for registered nurses and midwifery, and the preparation questionnaire for graduates of the institution. Content validity of the questionnaires approved by three experts in the field with a value of 1, and their reliability was .858 and .837, respectively. Data were gathered through analysis using descriptive statistics pearson’s correlation and multiple regression analysis. The result of the study license examination in the first class of registered nurses and midwifery was at the highest related to the average grades of related courses including nursing (r =.389), followed by grade point average throughout the program (r = .347) and the result of comprehensive examination (r = .254), which was statistically
The results of the study can be used to improve teaching and learning, to enable students to be more capable of passing the license examination required to become first class registered nurses and midwifery.
significant p < 0.01. The average grades of related courses including nursing predicted a result of nursing licensure examination significant (β = .383, P = 0.05)
2. Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council. Handbook of Equivalent Qualification of Academy for Nursing Science and Midwifery 2013. Nonthaburi: Chotthong; 2013.
3. Taksin P, Charoensuk S, Sutineum U. Grade point average, preparation for students’readiness, and undergraduate nurses who passed the nursing license examination for the first class of nursing professional and midwifery registration of student graduated from Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Chon Buri. Thai Journal of Nursing Council 2011;26(3):117-29. (in Thai)
4. Kunaviktikul W, Klunklin A, Chontawan R, Athaseri S. Factors related to the results of nursing and obstetric license tests. Thai Journal of Nursing Council 2012;27(3):11-28. (in Thai)
5. Chansuvarn S, Noparoojjinda S, Jaiyungyuen U. Factors related to the result of nursing licensure examination among Bachelor Graduates from Boromarajonani College of Nursing, Suphanburi. J Nurs Educ 2016;9(2):82-92. (in Thai)
6. Nuchsutam W, Somboon L, Tongswa, Keawkajorn S, Siririth W. Factors related to the result of the license examination of graduates Faculty of Nursing Chiangrai College. Nursing Journal 2013;40(supp):61-71. (in Thai)
7. Wattananon Y, Vonnasathid V, Duanglomchan V. Predictors of license examination of new graduates in 2010, Faculty of Nursing, Mahidol University. J Nurs Sci 2011;29(2):65-72. (in Thai)
8. Elkins N. Predictors of retention and passing the national council licensure examination for registered nurses. Open J Nurs 2015;5:218-25.
9. Kongyoo S. Predictors of the result of the license examination of graduated nurses, Royal Thai Army Nurse College. Journal of the Royal Thai Army Nurses 2017;18(2):228-37. (in Thai)
10. Kongkar R, Charoenkitkarn V, Tosuksri W, Sareewiwatthana P. Factors affecting the result of nursing licensure examination among Bachelor Graduates from Faculty of Nursing, Mahidol University. J Nurs Sci 2012;30(3):82-90. (in Thai)
11. Amankwaa I, Agyemang-Dankwah A, Boateng D. Previous education, sociodemographic characteristics, and nursing cumulative grade point average as predictors of success in nursing licensure examination. Nurs Res Pract 2015:1-8.
12. Kumbi K, Chongtap K, Chantahan Y, Tanarit N, Kumsom T, Sitou P, et.al. A study of factors relating to the registration examination for nursing and midwifery No.1/2009 of graduates from Sri Maha Sarakham College of Nursing academic year 2008. Sri Maha Sarakham College of Nursing. 2009. (in Thai)
13. Mele C, Pels J, Polese F. A brief review of systems theories and their managerial applications. Serv Sci 2010;2(1/2):126-35.
14. Suwaphabh D, Phuangsiken S, Udomthornsuk P. Factors related to the result of nursing and Midwifery licensing examination of Bachelor Graduates from Faculty of Nursing Roi Et Rajabhat University. Mahasakham Hospital Journal 2018;15(3):35-44.
15. Moopayak K, Thongcharoen V. Follow up the new nursing graduates from the Bachelor of Nursing Sciences Program, Faculty of Nursing, Mahidol University in academic year 2002. Thai Journal of Nursing 2004; 53(1):57-68. (in Thai).
เนื้อหาบทความหรือข้อคิดเห็นต่างๆ ในวารสารพยาบาลสภากาชาดไทยนี้ เป็นความคิดเห็นของผู้เขียนบทความ ไม่ใช่ความเห็นของกองบรรณาธิการ หรือสถาบันการพยาบาลศรีสวรินทิรา สภากาชาดไทย