Information For Authors
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the Author Guidelines page before submission for guidelines and instuctions. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
There is no article processing charge for any publication in the Siriraj Medical Journal (SMJ).
The following rules apply without exception in this copyediting process:
- Two weeks of no response from authors after SMJ has sent an email requesting proofreading, it is concluded that Author(s) requires no changes of the galley, and SMJ has the right to decline post-publication editing. This is the last opportunity to make copyediting changes to the manuscript.
- If you wish to change/remove/add authorship of a contributor, authorship needs to be agreed by all author(s), if necessary, via institution(s). A written clarification of why the author(s) is omitted/presented should be issued to the editor before publication. SMJ has the right to refuse changing or removal of authorship post publication if clarification is not stated, as an accordance to COPE ethics and journal guidelines.
- The proofreading stage is restricted only to correcting typographical and layout errors. Substantial changes in content, e.g., new results, corrected values, and changes of title and authorship are not allowed without the approval of the responsible editor.
- After publication on Journal's website authors may request corrections, retractions and updates to published articles, if necessary, within 3 days. After publication on Journal's website authors may request corrections, retractions and updates to published articles, if necessary, within 3 days. The Editorial Board has the right to decline if such changes deem to violate COPE guidelines.
- If you are unable to undertake the proofreading work at the time or have any questions, please contact the Journal office.
Authorship and Author Responsibilities
The journal follows the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors guidelines which state that, in order to qualify for authorship of a manuscript, the following criteria should be observed:
substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis or interpretation of data for the work;
drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content;
provide approval for publication of the content;
agree to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
Contributors who do not meet these criteria, but nonetheless provided important contributions to the final manuscript, should be included in the acknowledgement section. It is the author's responsibility to get written approval by persons named in the acknowledgment section.
Benefits of publishing with SMJ
SMJ's open access policy allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to a wide, global audience. Our partnerships and societies include: Scopus, Thailand Citation Index Center (TCI), the ASEAN Citation Index (ACI), the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the Gastroenterological Association of Thailand (GAT), Thai Association for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TAGE), the International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO), Thailand Chapter, and the International College of Surgeons (ICS) Thailand Section.
Speed of publication:
SMJ offers a fast publication schedule whilst maintaining rigorous peer review; all articles must be submitted online, and peer review is managed fully electronically (articles are distributed in PDF form). The time to render a first decision averages about 10 days. From submission to issue publication is an average of 3 months.
Promotion and press coverage:
Articles published in SMJ are included in article alerts and regular email updates. Some may be highlighted on SMJ's social media pages and on the SMJ homepage.
In addition, articles published in SMJ may be promoted by press releases to the general or scientific press. These activities increase the exposure and number of accesses for articles published in SMJ.