Main Article Content
Background: To analysis retrospective datas from electronic databases to determine prevalence and factors associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD) in CKD clinic, Phanomdongrak Community Hospital Commemorating His Majesty the king’s 80th Birthday Anniversary, Surin province. The outcomes will be develop the planing treatment and preventive guidelines for slowing kidney degeneration.
Objective: To study clinical factors related to stage 3-5 chronic kidney disease in Phanomdongrak district Surin province.
Methods: Retrospective cohort study by analyzing datas from the electronic database of Phanomdongrak Community Hospital Commemorating His Majesty the king’s 80th Birthday Anniversary, Surin province. To study factors associated with chronic kidney disease stage 3-5 and the prevalence of chronic kidney disease in patients of chronic kidney disease clinic between January 1st – December 31th, 2017
Results: Total of 1,210 chronic kidney patients, calculated with the CKD-EPI equation, included 412 patients with stage 3-5 chronic kidney disease. The two factors associated with stage 3-5 chronic kidney disease with statistically significant values (p<0.05) were 1 year of age, increased risk of chronic kidney disease by 1.1 times (95% CI 1.0-1.1) and 1 unit of blood uric acid increased the risk of chronic kidney disease. 1.7 times (95% CI 1.3-2.1). In addition, the other factors that associated with chronic kidney disease but no statistical significant were female had a risk of chronic kidney disease 1.5 times more than males (95% CI 0.7-3.2), diabetes mellitus had a 1.5 times higher risk of chronic kidney disease (95% CI 0.1-14.6) and hyperlipidemia had a 2.0 times higher risk of chronic kidney disease (95% CI 0.8-5.2).
Conclusion: Awareness of risk factors of CKD in the responsible area were possible to plan the appropriate care for patients with renal impairment and slowed progression to the stage that requiredrenal replacement therapy and prevented newly diagnosed cases.
Keywords: Chronic kidney disease, Stage of chronic kidney disease according to the level of eGFR
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Coresh J, Selvin E, Stevens LA, Manzi J, Kusek JW, Eggers P, et al. Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in the United States. Jama 2007;298(17):2038-47.
3. สมาคมโรคไตแห่งประเทศไทย. Thailand Renal Replacement Therapy Registry Report 2012 [ออนไลน์] 2555 [สืบค้น 27 ก.พ. 2558]. เข้าถึงได้จาก:URL:http://www.nephrothai.org/trt/ trt.asp?type=TRT&news_id=418
4. Chittinandana A, Chailimpamontree W, Chaloeiphap P. Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in Thai adult population. J Med Assoc Thai 2006; 89(Suppl 2):S112-20.
5. Ingsathit A, Thakkinstian A, Chaiprasert A, Sangthawan P, Gojaseni P, Kiattisunthorn K, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of chronic kidney disease in the Thai adult population: Thai SEEK study. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2010;25(5):1567-75.
6. Levey AS, Stevens LA, Schmid CH, Zhang YL, Castro AF, 3rd, Feldman HI, et al. A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate. Ann Intern Med 2009;150(9):604-12.
7. Domrongkitchaiporn S, Sritara P, Kitiyakara C, Stitchantrakul W, Krittaphol V, Lolekha P, et al. Risk factors for development of decreased kidney function in a southeast Asian population: a 12-year cohort study. J Am Soc Nephrol 2005;16(3):791-99.
8. Johnson RJ, Nakagawa T, Jalal D, Sanchez-Lozada LG, Kang DH, Ritz E. Uric acid and chronic kidney disease: which is chasing which? Nephrol Dial Transplant 2013;28(9):2221-8.
9. Verhave JC, Fesler P, Ribstein J, du Cailar G, Mimran A. Estimation of Renal Function in Subjects With Normal Serum Creatinine Levels: Influence of Age and Body Mass Index. Am J Kidney Dis 2005;46(2):233-41.
10. Shen Y, Cai R, Sun J, Dong X, Huang R, Tian S, et al. Diabetes mellitus as a risk factor for incident chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease in women compared with men: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Endocrine 2017;55:66–76.
11. Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) CKD Work Group. KDIGO 2012 Clinical Practice Guideline for the Evaluation and Management of Chronic Kidney Disease. Kidney Int 2013; Suppl: 1-150.