Main Article Content
Dentigerouscyst is an odontogenic cyst associated with the crown of the impacted orunerupted teeth. Typically, dentigerous cysts are asymptomatic and are discovered incidentally on routine radiographs. The most common age group is the 2nd decade. In this article, the patient who wanted orthodontic treatment, revealed dentigerous cyst associated with unerupted mandibular left third molar on radiographs. The patient had noany symptoms.This case report present the successful surgical management of dentigerous cyst by surgical removal impacted tooth and total enucleation. In the 1-year follow-up, normal bone healing was revealed with no any recurrence.
Kewords: dentigerous cyst, impacted tooth, enucleation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Lima ENA, Maia CADM, Gurgel AC, Oliveira PT, Medeiros AMC. Conservative management of dentigerous cyst in a child. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol Extra 2013;8: e1-4.
3. Ioannidou F, Mustafa B, Seferiadou-Mavropoulou T. Odontogenic cysts of the jaws: a clinicostatistical study. Stomatologia (Athenai) 1989;46:81-90.
4. Koseoglu BG, Atalay B, Erdem MA. Odontogenic cysts: a clinical study of 90 cases. J Oral Sci 2004;46:253-7.
5. Tortorici S, Amodio E, Messenti MF, Buzzanca ML, Burruano F, Vitale F. Prevalence and distribution of odontogenic cysts in Sicily : 1986-2005. J Oral Sci 2008;50:15-8.
6. Marx RE, Stern D. Oral and maxillofacial pathology : a rationale for diagnosis and treatment. 2nd ed. Illinois: Quintessence; 2012: p. 605-10.
7.Guruprasad Y, Chauhan DS, Kura U. Infected dentigerous cyst of maxillarysinus Arising from an ectopic third molar. J Clin Imaging Sci 2013;3:1-5.
8.Mohan KR, Natarajan B, Doraiswamy H. An infected dentigerouscystassociated with an impacted permanent maxillary canine, inverted mesiodens and impacted supernumerary teeth. J Pharm BioalliedSci 2013;5:s135-8.
9. Murad AH. Dentigerouscyst : a review of 37 cases. Available from https://www.priory.com/den/dentigerous.htm
10. Viriyajirakul S. Recurrence of dentigerous cyst in 9 years after marsupialization and orthodontic treatment : a case report. Thai J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2009;23:101-8.
11. Zhang LL, Yang R, Zhang L, Li W, MacDonald-Jankowski D, Poh CF. Dentigerous cyst : a retrospective clinico- pathological analysis of 2082 dentigerous cysts in British Columbia, Canada. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2010;39:878-82.
12. Resnik RR. Misch's Avoiding Complications in Oral Implantology : Neurosensory Deficit Complications in Implant Dentistry 2018:329-363.